Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yesterday I got 2 big surprises…

*ROBIN*
When Robin was born she was 6lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long, pretty small considering the HUGE belly I had, everybody (me & David) thought she was going to be a big baby, at least bigger than Brianna who was 7lbs 15 oz and 19 ¾ inches long. At Robin’s first week appointment she weighed 7lbs 5oz. Yesterday at her 2nd week appointment she weighed 8lbs 1oz, and measured 20 ½ inches, she gained 12 ounces in a week! I am so proud of her (and myself too)। I still think she is tiny, but it might be because I am comparing her to Brianna now, who until 2 weeks ago seemed so small to me, now she is like a giant!



*RENE*
Rene came today with his graded papers from school, while I was looking at them I got pretty upset because he had an F in Math, he had 18 right out of 40. I couldn’t care less about the grade but was worried about the fact he missed so many. Let me tell you about Rene…I’ve always believed (which mother doesn’t?) that he is a super smart kid with an amazing memory, but on the other hand he get distracted so easily that it is ridiculous, he won’t find his nose unless you point at it, most of the times he doesn’t read the whole instruction in a test and that is why he gets a lot of answers wrong. Anyway, along with his graded papers there was an envelope, I opened it and there was this letter from a counselor at his school, saying that he was invited to join DUKE’S UNIVERSITY talent search program, I thought it was publicity or they were trying to sell us something. I was wrong; he scored 96 on Math/Science on the Terra Nova National test. It also said that only 5% of ALL the students (private and public schools) within the Duke’s region (16 States) get invited. My baby is in that 5%!!! This program helps gifted kids to improve their talent so they can use it in the right way…WOW!!! I am so super excited। We have noticed that when he is not under the pressure of getting a good grade is when he does great in his tests. Some of the kids in his classroom that have straight A’s scored way lower than he did in the Terra Nova. SO PROUD! (ok I’ll go now before I get to annoying)



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats to Rene! I remember taking that test in school (but not doing that well). I hope the program helps him advance more!